Last pupil essay champions
Alpha Omega Alpha is honored to announce the 2019 Helen H. Glaser Student Essay Awardees. The honor is provided to encourage students that are medical compose innovative narratives or scholarly essays highly relevant to medication. The essays that are winning be published when you look at the Autumn 2019 version associated with Pharos.
First Prize $2,000 The cost of drugs: a brief overview regarding the Kefauver-Harris Amendment by Reid Wilkening, University of Illinois at Chicago university of edu birdies org custom writing services Medicine
Second Prize $800The Louse Manifesto by Prisca Alilio, University of South Florida wellness Morsani university of Medicine
Third Prize $550Don Ze Pill by Rebecca Grossman-Kahn, University of Michigan Medical School
Congratulations to any or all.
Purpose To encourage medical pupils to compose imaginative narratives or scholarly essays highly relevant to medication. Book of winning essays into the Pharos supplies the student utilizing the achievement that is ever-important of articles posted.
The Award money honors of $2,000 for beginning, $800 for 2nd destination, and $550 for 3rd spot. Winning essays will soon be published into the Pharos. Awards would be compensated following the receipt of necessary paperwork (see demands, below).
Eligibility writers should be enrolled in medical schools which have an active ?‘?©?‘ chapter or relationship, but will not need to be people in ?‘?©?‘. Nevertheless, in the event that writer is an A?©A user, he or she must certanly be an active member. Only 1 entry may be submitted per pupil.
Dates Entries needs to be submitted by online type regarding the A?©A site no later on than 11:59 PM, January 15, 2019, PST. Champions is established might 1, 2019.
Needs for Essays
- Essays needs to be written even though the pupil is in medical college, ought to be the work of just one author, and needs to be a work that is original.
- The essay could be on any nontechnical topic associated to medication.
- The essay should never surpass 15 double-spaced pages of 12-point kind with minimal 1-inch margins, exclusive of guide listing. The name that is author??™s essay title should be for each web page, and all sorts of pages needs to be numbered.
- Original references, numbered consecutively, are limited by 20. (guide citation of sites is certainly not appropriate unless a website may be the source that is sole of information or has formal educational credentials. Samples of acceptable web web internet sites are formal federal federal government website pages such as compared to the National Institutes of Health.)
- The paper should not be agreed to, or posted by, virtually any journal or joined in just about any other competition ahead of distribution towards the A?©A or through the A?©A selection process. Essays which are not chosen as winning essays in this A?©A Student Competition may be submitted to many other contests/publications following the champions are announced.
- Essays perhaps not meeting all demands will never be accepted.
Demands for winning essays When notified of award receipt, authors of all of the winning documents must definitely provide paperwork of recommendations in photocopy as follows: name pages of most publications cited; 1st and last pages of guide chapters cited; the dining dining table of articles regarding the particular problem of the log in which a cited article showed up; and all quotations, through the main sources, including web web page numbers. Awardees should also submit a completed W-9 kind.
Essays maybe not getting a honor Essays maybe maybe perhaps not chosen due to the fact top three, can be revised and submitted for standard review for publication when you look at the Pharos.
Additional information Contact Libby Appel at 720-859-4149, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alpha Omega Alpha is devoted to upholding a standard that is high of, compassion, and humanism in medication. Clients must be addressed with dignity and their privacy respected. We shall perhaps maybe perhaps not accept submissions to virtually any of our programs that conflict with your values, or contain bigotry, or very politicized content.